Thursday, March 25, 2010

chicken tikka marsellus wallace

Time can move awfully quickly when you aren't paying attention to it.

Another slow night at the offsale has come and gone; I find myself on the couch at 4:07am, central time, with every reason in the world to go downstairs and get into bed. Yet, here I am. Of course, I let it slip that I had a blog today, which led to me taking a gander at it myself when I got home and being confronted with the fact that I just haven't updated in a while.

This will be more of a journal entry than an exercise in creative writing, simply something to get the words flowing.

Having had a recent consultation with my physician, it would seem my medical condition is no better nor worse than it was four months ago, which is both good and bad. I have some new meds to try out, but the fundamental core of my treatment remains the same: a pillow case over my head, a sock over my junk (just like the Red Hot Chili Peppers used to do), a UVA booth and about an hour of my time twice a week. Once again, he used me and my complicated condition as a pop quiz for a couple of gorgeous medical interns. The first time he did that, I was actually quite nonplussed and more than a little self-conscious. Now, of course, I'm so used to being scantily clad in front of the range of women that largely constitute medical personnel that I felt no traces of my previous discomfort. I am fine with my body. It wasn't exactly the way I would have wanted to meet those med students, but that's the way the stethoscope HOLY DOODLES COLD.

Well, of course I was attracted to them. They were comely, charming and intelligent. I like women who can hold their own in a conversation. Stupid is not attractive. But being nigh-nude and getting used as a conundrum, a query, a dilly of a pickle, if you will, is not conducive to romance. "Say there, sweet thang, you want to continue this diagnosis back at my place? Lay your healing hands on me, baby." Oh yeah, smooooooth. I had to laugh at the absurdity of the situation.

I've been to some live music. Bought their t-shirt and was largely deaf for two days, but man, what a great show.

School, of course. Midterms went well, assignments are doing well; I had to give a five minute speech in my rhetorical communications class, and while it didn't go as well as I'd hoped, it was certainly better than it could have been. I now have to write an essay based on the topic I used for my speech, which I'll probably post here when I am finished. It's something I find quite interesting: alternative medicine.

More to follow tomorrow, I think. It's 4:30 now and I my bed has become more eloquent and persuasive in its arguments.

No comments:

Post a Comment