Monday, April 26, 2010

deja view askew

Had an interesting idea last night while half asleep.

In my late teens and early twenties, I had deja vu at least once a day. These days it happens perhaps once every few months, and it got me thinking:

Suppose deja vu is a quantum tunneling phenomenon, happening when our future selves are remembering the events we are currently experiencing.

Hey, I know what you're thinking, and no, I was not tripping balls. You shut your mouth when you're talking to me.

4 comments:

  1. think about it this way though... how would our future selves flash back into our present self to experience the deja vu?? hmmmmm...... riddle me that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that perhaps memory is stored as quantum coordinates. Then the act of focusing your consciousness on that memory would bring the mind to that point in time, thus creating the sensation that you've seen that situation unfold before, because you actually have.

    It's an incomplete postulate. I will devote more time to it... after finals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've watched too much Star Trek to possibly want to have this discussion with you ever. ONWARD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god I love your blog Timmy.... it makes me actually LOL at work.... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete