Saturday, May 15, 2010

Another Suffering Bastard, Please, Bartender.

It is a beautiful, sunny and warm Saturday afternoon.

I am laid up, somewhat, and am sitting in a big easy chair with my foot up, as per my doctors' instructions. There was an incident with some Staph A bacteria and I now have an IV in my arm that I periodically pump antibiotics through.

Sitting here, I can hear several children playing outside, and I noticed something interesting. When kids are shouting over each other, trying to get their interpretation of the rules of a game heard, they sound just like drunk people. They sound like hammered adults, stammering and repeating themselves and getting louder and louder until the group acknowledges their input.

The idea that kids are tiny drunk people amuses me mightily.

No comments:

Post a Comment